What is Businet ?
The organisation is best defined by its aims and objectives as laid down in the constitution of the association.
The aims of the Association are:
- To promote the development of a European curriculum for all students undertaking studies in the field of business education.
- To provide opportunities for the staff employed in its member institutions to further their professional development.
- To assist members in achieving their organisational aims and objectives associated with transnational activities.
- To meet the needs of the European labour market for employees with appropriate business knowledge and linguistic and work related skills.
- To work in cooperation with national and international agencies in promoting transnational programmes and projects.
The Association will seek to achieve the aims by means of a range of objectives. These objectives include (but are not limited to) the following:
- To develop, promote, administer, validate and award certificated European business qualifications.
- To facilitate European and international student exchanges and inter-institutional activities for business students of Businet members.
- To develop the curriculum undertaken by business students in full or part-time programmes as well as distance learning.
- To promote the acquisition of skills in other European languages for students and for staff.
- To assist members in setting up and operating networks of international work and study placements for their students and their staff.
- To promote and support the use of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
- To identify and disseminate examples of good educational practice.
- To work with European business organisations.
- To co-operate closely with the European Commission and its educational initiatives - Socrates-Erasmus and Leonardo da Vinci programmes.